Thursday, July 26, 2007

Back from the dr.

Today was my 6 week check-up. I now have an even more complicated medication regime. The Nurse Practitioner changed everything up because she said that I shouldn't have to take pain medicine everyday. I am now on my original medicine that I started 6 weeks ago plus she added something called Kappra. It is actually an anti-seizure medicine. There are 2 possible side effects that I could develop. The first is hallucinations. The dr. said that if I wake up in the middle of the night and see a pink dog in the window, not to be alarmed! The second is this medicine can make you mean/mad. GREAT!! Like I am not already mean enough! She said that if at anytime I feel like the side effects are worse than the cure we can change. Mostly she said that the biggest side effect will probably be fatigue. Like I need any help with that!

So that was my visit in a nutshell. She also gave me a new pain med. Hopefully I won't have to take it too often and I go back in 6 weeks...

On a side note Travis and I trying to decide if I should switch insurance. I am in open enrollment for mine but we are moving to a PPO which would be fine you have deductibles and they pay 80/20. Well we are pretty sure I will have surgery within the year and we don't want to have to pay for it. Gotta love insurance!!

No comments: